What are the Steps to Perform a Bare-metal Restore Using Quest Backup Solutions?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on setting up a robust data backup and recovery strategy for our organization, and we're using Quest data backup solutions. One critical aspect of our plan is ensuring we can perform a bare-metal restore in the event of a catastrophic failure.

I've been researching and experimenting with Quest Rapid Recovery, but I'm a bit stuck on the exact steps required to perform a successful bare-metal restore. Could anyone provide a detailed, step-by-step guide or share their experiences with this process? Specifically, I'm looking for:

1. Preparation Steps: What should I do beforehand to ensure the bare-metal restore goes smoothly?
  2. Execution Steps: What are the exact steps to initiate and complete a bare-metal restore using Quest Rapid Recovery?
  3. Common Pitfalls: What are some common challenges or mistakes to avoid during the process?

Any insights, tips, or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best & Thanks Regards!

Jonathan Jone