manual removal of agent

Evening,

We have a server that the rapid recovery agent was removed from quite some time ago. Was doing some work today and realized when I copy and pasted the context menu still had the "quest past with pemissions" option. checked add/remove programs and nothing in there from Quest. Checked the folders and under program files the apprecovery folder is still there. Checked the services applet and the service is still there but disabled.

I need to uninstall this fully but searching the KB only resulted in a powershell script that is unsupported. Is that the only way to manually uninstall or to clean this up?

Thanks

Parents
  • I think that happens if you do the 'remove' but don't click the checkbox to remove all. I can't say I have every found myself in this position, however I would assume that one (or a few) of these might work. 

• Remove all the 'AppRecovery' folders from the machine (this is from C:\Program Files (both 32 and 64 bit) | C:\ProgramData
    • In the registry remove the AppRecovery folders from HKLM\Software
    • Validate that add/remove doesn't have left over Quest, Dell, AppAssure, Rapid Recovery options
    • Run the registry cleaner utility to see if it detects any Dell/Quest fragments from AppAssure/Rapid Recovery (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kKyubTTM6Jpmw6OMqhipmM6l8TsS05FD/view?usp=sharing)
    • If it was an agent or the core, you can always re-install the appropriate installer, reboot, then go into add/remove and then do a removal and make sure you click the checkbox to remove all

That's where I'd start.

• I think that happens if you do the 'remove' but don't click the checkbox to remove all. I can't say I have every found myself in this position, however I would assume that one (or a few) of these might work. 

• Remove all the 'AppRecovery' folders from the machine (this is from C:\Program Files (both 32 and 64 bit) | C:\ProgramData
    • In the registry remove the AppRecovery folders from HKLM\Software
    • Validate that add/remove doesn't have left over Quest, Dell, AppAssure, Rapid Recovery options
    • Run the registry cleaner utility to see if it detects any Dell/Quest fragments from AppAssure/Rapid Recovery (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kKyubTTM6Jpmw6OMqhipmM6l8TsS05FD/view?usp=sharing)
    • If it was an agent or the core, you can always re-install the appropriate installer, reboot, then go into add/remove and then do a removal and make sure you click the checkbox to remove all

That's where I'd start.

Children