This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Compression 0%

Hello
I was having space problems in my repository, so to solve the problem, I paused all the jobs for more than 24 hours, so the rollups could complete, and it would not disrupt RPFS jobs in the background.
Today, my repository has more than 3TB of space, but the compression is still 0%. My doubt is. Is it necessary to complete RPFS jobs to start compression?
I ran a script now for more information.

QueuedFileVersions QueuedRPFSSize
134156 21.71TB

Do I need to wait to complete the compression?
Parents
  • I agree with Emte. However, I would make sure you have some snapshots come in successfully before you make the call. The % compression reading on a repository relies on current snapshot activity (actual compression processing taking place) to give you a "reading" (much like a car's tire pressure sensor needs the car to be running to give you a reading - that may be a not so good analogy, but I hope you get my point). You may see that number pop back up after a few snapshots have successfully come through.

• I agree with Emte. However, I would make sure you have some snapshots come in successfully before you make the call. The % compression reading on a repository relies on current snapshot activity (actual compression processing taking place) to give you a "reading" (much like a car's tire pressure sensor needs the car to be running to give you a reading - that may be a not so good analogy, but I hope you get my point). You may see that number pop back up after a few snapshots have successfully come through.

Children
No Data