This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Boot From Backup

Is this on the horizon at all because if it's possible it really should be. Booting a VM from a backup image is pretty standard now and it would be a HUGE leap forward.

Parents
  • That makes sense. Not going to help now, but I use the native hyperV to take a checkpoint of my exports once in awhile. It takes a ton of space and is a hassle but I have been burned to many times with end case issues like you are experiencing

I would be interesting in hearing what happened as I was under the impression that if an export failed, no changes would be made to the existing vmdk
  • That makes sense. Not going to help now, but I use the native hyperV to take a checkpoint of my exports once in awhile. It takes a ton of space and is a hassle but I have been burned to many times with end case issues like you are experiencing

I would be interesting in hearing what happened as I was under the impression that if an export failed, no changes would be made to the existing vmdk
Children
No Data