This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DL4300 Nic config

I've just took delivery of two new DL4300s to replace a couple of DL4000 who's lease expires in a few months.  I'm a bit confused with the NIC configuration of the new DL4300s  They seem to have 4 built in BT ports and an expansion card again with 4 BT ports, now which ones are the 10Gb!?  As looking at the DL4300 specs I can't find a spec that has 8 BT ports either standard or high capacity versions! 

• It depends on what you ordered. One option for the DL 4300 standard edition is what you received: 1 x 4 port 1 Gbps card and 1 x 4 port 1 Gbps expansion card. You can also order a 1 x 2 port 10 Gbps expansion card instead of the 4 port expansion card. Did you order these DL 4300s with the 10 GB NIC option? What's the original order show for options?
  • it doesn't really say it was done through a reseller, just be a bit of a pain if its 8*1Gb as it means more cables! Throughput isn't really an issue our current DL4000s are fine with bonded 4*1Gb connections and one is offsite down the end of a 1Gb connection so that's not an issues either.
  • The extra cables are definitely a pain. At least you don't have througput issues.
  • The Gods are smiling! Lucky a server has been decommissioned from the same rack and it happened to have 4*1Gb connections, so I've used them!