This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange 2010 restore

Hello,

We ve just finalized the migration from our Excahnge 2010 Server to the Office 365 Cloud. Now the 2010 Server is not used and I'd like to know if we can stop it even if we'll need to restore emails from data backuped with Data Rcovery ?

When we use Local Mount Utility to open the database, do the process have to answer the server online ? or not ?

REgards

Parents
  • Hi t.louedec:
    I guess that there are a few different issues to address. The most important is to figure out if you can retire the Exchange 2010 server. This may be a tricky question as it may still be registered in AD as being a part of your Exchange Organization and, based on the state of your AD it may not be that easy to take it out.
    Second, in order to perform restores, you need to be able to mount a recovery point. To do it you need to have a core running (and valid recovery point chains). You do not need specifically the LMU to do it, you can do it straight from the core (You need outlook installed though). Once you connect to the exchange database using Mail Recovery, you can do the restores as PST files which, in turn, you can import in other mail systems (i.e. O365).
    Hope that this helps.
  • Hi t.louedec:
    I guess that there are a few different issues to address. The most important is to figure out if you can retire the Exchange 2010 server. This may be a tricky question as it may still be registered in AD as being a part of your Exchange Organization and, based on the state of your AD it may not be that easy to take it out.
    Second, in order to perform restores, you need to be able to mount a recovery point. To do it you need to have a core running (and valid recovery point chains). You do not need specifically the LMU to do it, you can do it straight from the core (You need outlook installed though). Once you connect to the exchange database using Mail Recovery, you can do the restores as PST files which, in turn, you can import in other mail systems (i.e. O365).
    Hope that this helps.
Children
No Data