This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Live DB Recovery

Hi All,

We have a 2008r2 server on which a PSQL DB and the application that uses it coexists on the same non O/S partition. It is in use 24/7/365.

Is it reasonable to believe that a "live recovery" of this partition would work as advertised in the event that it was compromised? That is to say recover it on the fly while the users continued unaware?

I would agree that testing would be beneficial but short of building a lab and purchasing additional licenses it's just not practical.

Thanks In Advance

Parents
  • Hi Tudor,

Just for anyone who happens to read this in the future according to PSQL it does fully utilize VSS as of version 11 SP2 and any backup software that uses it is supported for full, point in time backups.

If I ever get a chance to try this in a genuine disaster I will update this. I figure if it's hosed anyway it would be worth trying to see what happens.

Thanks All
  • Hi Tudor,

Just for anyone who happens to read this in the future according to PSQL it does fully utilize VSS as of version 11 SP2 and any backup software that uses it is supported for full, point in time backups.

If I ever get a chance to try this in a genuine disaster I will update this. I figure if it's hosed anyway it would be worth trying to see what happens.

Thanks All
Children
No Data