This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I create a repository in the cloud?

We are looking to move our storage to the cloud and use our sans strictly for vm's, datastores and snapshots.

We are currently running Appassure 5.4.3 but can upgrade to Rapid Recovery if necessary.

I would like to know if it is possbile to create a repository in the cloud (AWS Simple Storage Solution) and direct our backups there.

Or a different cloud storage solution.

Parents
  • Wow Tim, thank you for that very specific and helpful information. Exactly what I needed to point me on the right path. It sounds like a core on a VM is the way to go. The size of your repository is right at the same size as mine, so your cost number helps me out tons to even know if this is in the budget, which it is. So, do you have a local core that runs the backups, and replicate to the Azure VM after hours? Also, what is the exact Azure product/service that I need? And lastly, where can I purchase the VM template? Thanks again!
  • Wow Tim, thank you for that very specific and helpful information. Exactly what I needed to point me on the right path. It sounds like a core on a VM is the way to go. The size of your repository is right at the same size as mine, so your cost number helps me out tons to even know if this is in the budget, which it is. So, do you have a local core that runs the backups, and replicate to the Azure VM after hours? Also, what is the exact Azure product/service that I need? And lastly, where can I purchase the VM template? Thanks again!
Children
No Data