This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Agent 6.1

After upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1 (core first, then agents a few days later); some of our servers are now redoing a backup base image, instead of an incremental. Over a slow wan link, this is painful to watch. Anyone had issues upgrading the agent to 6.1?

Parents
  • I had exactly the same issue after upgrading to 6.1 Agents. Base Images of the OS volume were taken and Incremental of data volumes leaving the recovery chain a little convoluted. When a roll up of your recovery points hits this Base/Incremental or you delete a range of recovery points I believe it will roll up the Base image so all will once again be realigned with a full base of all volumes and Incrementals from there on in... affected 7 of the 12 servers I have protected so about 60% experienced the same behaviour. As far as I am aware all had a clean shut down and reboot as I did a manual upgrade on each server with a manual restart (agents were not deployed through the console)

• I had exactly the same issue after upgrading to 6.1 Agents. Base Images of the OS volume were taken and Incremental of data volumes leaving the recovery chain a little convoluted. When a roll up of your recovery points hits this Base/Incremental or you delete a range of recovery points I believe it will roll up the Base image so all will once again be realigned with a full base of all volumes and Incrementals from there on in... affected 7 of the 12 servers I have protected so about 60% experienced the same behaviour. As far as I am aware all had a clean shut down and reboot as I did a manual upgrade on each server with a manual restart (agents were not deployed through the console)

Children
No Data