This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone else having connectivity issues with the latest Windows 10 build?

I'm getting a RPC service is down error only on machines with the latest build (14393).  I was using v6.0.2, upgraded to 6.1 and still no joy.

Parents
  • Hi rbrown:
    Thank you for your reply. It sheds some light on the issue. If you have a Win 10 machine that you can play with (and the time to do it) I would suggest to downgrade the agent to 5.4.3.106 and see if it works. I just heard from a colleague that it worked for his customer after some volumes were not seen anymore after an agent upgrade. It may be a far fetched connection but, if you can, it may be worth a try wile the Support Engineer is looking to asses the issues you have on a more in depth basis.
    The agent can be downloaded from here

Prior to removing the 6.1 agent it makes sense to export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Agent\AgentId

and import it after the downgrade to keep the same agent ID.

Please let us know if it works for you if you try this work around.

• Hi rbrown:
    Thank you for your reply. It sheds some light on the issue. If you have a Win 10 machine that you can play with (and the time to do it) I would suggest to downgrade the agent to 5.4.3.106 and see if it works. I just heard from a colleague that it worked for his customer after some volumes were not seen anymore after an agent upgrade. It may be a far fetched connection but, if you can, it may be worth a try wile the Support Engineer is looking to asses the issues you have on a more in depth basis.
    The agent can be downloaded from here

Prior to removing the 6.1 agent it makes sense to export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Agent\AgentId

and import it after the downgrade to keep the same agent ID.

Please let us know if it works for you if you try this work around.

Children
No Data