This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After upgrade appassure 5.4.3 to Rapid recovery 6.1, some snapshot failed

Hi, I recently upgrade my appassure infrastructure to Rapid Recovery 6.1

After that, and after the upgrade of the agent, I have a lot of error like that

Transfer error

The transfer of one or more volume images from a protected machine to the Core has failed:

* Volume transfer failed: The transfer failed for volume 'C:\'

* Out Of Memory Exception: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Sometime is the C drive, sometime another disk. I don't know where to search to resolve that.

• Hi guillaume,

The RR software does require a bit more overhead to run. Could you give details on the Core server's system specifications? OS, RAM, other software and applications running on it is helpful information.

Is the Core 100% up to date on Windows Updates? I have seen this error before, and completing all necessary Windows Updates resolved it.

If the issue persists after Windows Updates, please come back here or open a support case so our team can look into it.
  • Hi, thanks for the response.

I have two Appliance DL4300 with 128Gb of RAM with two Xeon e5-2640 v3 2,6Ghz. One applicance is the master and the second is the replication.

I will make the Windows update, it's not up to date, so I will see after that.

Thanks, I will follow the results.
  • Hi Guillaume:

Just to add to the conversation, it makes sense to check the memory on your core to see if indeed all the memory is in use. If it is there is the possibility that the storage system has some issues and there is quite some amount of data that does not make it to the storage before all memory is taken. There are multiple causes for such a behavior. In the best case scenario you need to update both the firmware and drivers for all major components of your core. I recently had a customer who was running out of memory on the a high end core (and getting a dismal transfer performance) due to the older firmware for his 10Gb/s nics.

Other possibilities would be that some raid array is working with a bad drive or is rebuilding.

Other way of tracing the root of the issue would be the path you have taken to upgrade your appliance. To do it right (which I hope you did) is using the Recovery and Update Utility (RUU) v3.0.587 for DL Appliances from here On the same page there are links to newer drivers and firmware.

Only after installing RUU v3.9.587 and updating the drivers and firmware you should install (or re-install Rapid Recovery 6.1.0.645).

Hope that this helps.

• Hi, the Windows update seems to did the trick. I didn't see the error again. Yes I first install the RUU 3.9.587 on the replication core and after that the 6.1 update and on the primary core did the same step. the last step will be the upgrade of firmware, bios and so on with the Idrac itself, I make it on the replication core because it's on the same building where I works, but the primary core it's in another buildings, I try to make the update thru FTP with the web interface of the Idrac but it's doesn't seems to see the update, instead of the replication I boot up in Idrac Lifecycle controller.

Thanks for your help guys.