Unable to update the specified properties for on-premises mastered Directory Sync

Hi, I'm using ODM to migrate Tennent to Tennant. Destination tenant is Hybrid.

Created users in AD and Synced.

Mapped and migrated all users ok but I get the following message for 3 users.

Some of attributes of the "email@domain.com" object cannot be completely transferred during this session.Reason: Unable to update the specified properties for on-premises mastered Directory Sync objects or objects currently undergoing migration. Re-run the migration task to complete attribute transferring.

Unsure where to go as users are created and mapped ok. Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

I understand that you are performing a tenant to tenant migration with On Demand Migration (ODM). I understand that the target environment is hybrid and that you created the target objects in the local On-premise AD environment and synced them to the cloud. After performing those steps, the only real valid step in ODM Accounts is to match or map those accounts. It is really a map/match or migrate, typically not both. The ODM Account migration is only able to create objects in the target cloud. Since your target objects are mastered on-premise, ODM cannot update their attributes.

If you have mapped or matched the accounts, like it sounds like you have already done, then the next step would be to move on to migrating Mail and OneDrive.

Thanks,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer

Quest | Support

• Hi Trevor, the answer was that the 3 of the target users did not have a license assigned. My bad, I goofed Slight smile

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer though.

Thank you.

D