tenant to tenant migration with AD consolidation.

Hi all,

I have a project to consolidate two tenants & AD due to a merger.  I am new to Quest as well as migration scenarios - hence would like to seek your thoughts on the proper approach.

Company-A has acquired Company-B.  Both companies have their own separate AD Forest, separate O365 tenants and separate AD connect.

The first priority is to consolidate Com-B tenant into Com-A tenant and later on also migrate/consolidate AD users into Com-A forest

My plan was to first utilize Com-A's AD connect to also connect with Com-B's forest - so both forest Identities are synced to Com-A tenant.  (of course the identities have to be unique, etc).

We will then utilize Quest ODM t2t to migrate mailboxes/teams, etc from Com-B Tenant to Com-A tenant.  So at this stage there is single tenant and two forests - and users continue to login their desktops/passwords in their original AD.

so far seems so good...

But the dilemma is what would happen when the AD users need to be migrated to Com-A forest.  We plan to utilize Quest DirSync / AD Migration tools.  Will the AD migrated accounts auto-match with already synced identities - since Quest will migrate all attributes from source to target.  Or do I need to first re-configure AD Sync to remove com-b in which case users get soft deleted - and then they get auto-matched / recovered by Quest migrated AD accounts.  

Or could there by a different or more seamless strategy?

Thanks to all.