This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to use FormatString in Map Data?

Have added a section for attachments in the destination (generated word files) in which I want a list of attachments to appears.
I get it almost to work, but would like to have a row break after each attachment link. As for now, no row breaks are made between each attachment.

I tried to use FormatString, with these settings "{0}<br/>" and "<br>{0}<br>".
But neither of them worked. I still get no row breaks between each attachment.

I don't find anything in the Users Manual about how to use FormatString when MapData.

Parents
  • I've simply defined a source data field BodyAttachmentLinks, where:
    ColumnType=AttachmentLinks
    AttachmentScope= AllAttachments

Have also tried AttachmentScope=RichTextItem, which also works fine.

In Dell MIgrator it seems like all would works fine as all the attachments are collected from the body.

When preview data query it could look like this in rich text view:
    [aaa.pdf] [bbb.xlsx] [ccc.docx]

But in the destination (i.e. the generated word document) it popup like this:
    aaa.pdfbbb.xlsxccc.docx

It makes it hard for users to detect the files.

Hence, would prefer have it like this:
    aaa.pdf
    bbb.xlsx
    ccc.docx

The real filenames are often very long (50+ letters are not selldom), why a row break after each file would make sense. However, I would at least expect that it popup on in word as when preview data in rich text view.

• I've simply defined a source data field BodyAttachmentLinks, where:
    ColumnType=AttachmentLinks
    AttachmentScope= AllAttachments

Have also tried AttachmentScope=RichTextItem, which also works fine.

In Dell MIgrator it seems like all would works fine as all the attachments are collected from the body.

When preview data query it could look like this in rich text view:
    [aaa.pdf] [bbb.xlsx] [ccc.docx]

But in the destination (i.e. the generated word document) it popup like this:
    aaa.pdfbbb.xlsxccc.docx

It makes it hard for users to detect the files.

Hence, would prefer have it like this:
    aaa.pdf
    bbb.xlsx
    ccc.docx

The real filenames are often very long (50+ letters are not selldom), why a row break after each file would make sense. However, I would at least expect that it popup on in word as when preview data in rich text view.

Children
No Data