This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Command-Line - Notes Password

Hello,

We have a Windows Server with a multi-user Notes installation and we having been using MNSP at the same time in separate sessions without issues for over a year (Console and/or Designer).  We recently started using the command-line option in a batch file that loops through all job files found in a folder.  This allows jobs to run unattended. 

For me, I was asked for my Notes password the first time I ran command-line and never again.  I'm able to run multiple jobs using this batch file with no problems.  A co-worker has a different situation.  The command-line is prompting for the Notes password between each job file, regardless if he is in an active session or has left it open and is gone for the day. 

It doesn't appear you can include your Notes password as an option in the command-line.  Is there anything he can do to prevent this issue?

Thank you,

Robert

• We resolved our password-prompt issue between jobs using command-line by making the following changes in the Notes client:

In Security\User Security menu:

1. Enable "Don't prompt for a password from other Notes-based programs"

2. Disable "Automatically Lock my Notes ID after"

Now my co-worker can run multiple jobs unattended without a password prompt.