This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LinkedMasterAccount not set

Customer has Exchange 2010 SP3 in source and target. Source mailboxes are migrating to a target Exchange Resource Forest, and the user accounts are migrating to a separate target user domain.
Using DMM 8.13 for the migration

I can’t seem to figure out how to get the migrated target mailbox linked to the migrated target account. Here’s what I’ve done:

Created 2 domain pairs:
Source to Target Exchange Resource Forest and…
Source to Target User domain

Configured the DSA for the ERF with the Exchange options, skipped sidHistory, create disabled, no pw
Configured the DSA for the user domain w/o Exchange options, with sidHistory, copy pw.

Testing with one test account: DellTest2
After the DSAs run I checked LinkedMasterAccount in the ERF the, and it shows Source\delltest2 as expected.
Sync calendar. Check
Sync Mail. Check.
Switch mailbox. Check.
Ran Exchange Processing Wizard against delltest2 in target Exchange Resource Forest

Migrated DellTest2 to target User domain enabling target account and disabling source account.

Ran ADPW against user OU in target User domain & Exchange Resource Forest

At this point I expected the LinkedMasterAccount in target Exchange Resource Forest to change to TargetUserDomain\delltest2, but it remains at Source\delltest2. Actually I expected this to be changed even before I ran the wizards.

I also get Access Denied when trying to use TargetUserDomain\delltest2 to login to the ERF OWA page, but I expected that since the account isn’t linked.

Anyone have any ideas on what I may be missing?

• Hi Rich. So from the sounds of it the DSA is synchronizing and functioning as expected and this is more of a configuration change to your product.

I recommend first discussing this with our Professional Services or a Dell Partner who can assist with the configuration change further.

It looks like though this will need to be 2 migrations. One migration from the account forest to the resource forest for the mailboxes, and then from the account forest to the other account forest.