Process to know Transfer to Quest Migration Manager for AD License and Quest ADAM database to different forest Domain

Hello Team,

require your assistance in understanding the process for transferring the Quest Migration Manager for AD license and Quest ADAM Database from one forest domain to another forest domain server (e.g., from LA.ABC.INTRA to CORP.ABC.COM).

Both forests have established a trust relationship. Please guide me through the process. Thank you in advance.

Parents
    1. Install a new ADLDS server and instance in the target domain as a replica of the source ADLDS instance 
    2. install a new QMM ad console
    3. launch QMM and connect with on the new replicated instance  
    4. delegate access to any new accounts 
    5. Decommission the old DSA
    6. Decom the old QMM ad console 
    7. Decom the old ADLDS 
    8. Install a new DSA in the target. 
  • Hi Jeff

Thanks for the information

I have a question regarding the second point. In the QMM AD console, it should prompt us for the license, correct? Without this option, we cannot proceed with the installation, correct? How can we transfer the license from the source domain server to the target domain server? Is there an option to export the license from the existing source Quest server? Please assist me with this. Thank you.

• Hi Jeff

Thanks for the information

I have a question regarding the second point. In the QMM AD console, it should prompt us for the license, correct? Without this option, we cannot proceed with the installation, correct? How can we transfer the license from the source domain server to the target domain server? Is there an option to export the license from the existing source Quest server? Please assist me with this. Thank you.

Children