This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No matter what I try, the scheduler option fails to work when migrating files from a File Share to OneDrive. Am I doing something wrong?

No matter what I try, the scheduler option fails to work when migrating files from a File Share to OneDrive. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Hi Alex,

Please make sure the migration account meets the following requirements:

• The account used to perform the upload needs to have access and at least Read permissions from this computer to all the user's networked file system drives.
    • The account used to perform the upload needs to be a Global Administrator in this Office 365 tenant.
    • The person performing the upload will need to know the relationship (mapping) between each user's networked file system drive and their corresponding Office 365 user account.
    • Each user account must have either a SharePoint or OneDrive license assigned to it in Office 365.

For more details, please refer to the link below:

www.metalogix.com/.../bulk_upload_file_shares_to_onedrive.html

Also, please make sure the account can create a task for Essentials by following these steps: 

1. Go into Task Scheduler
    2. Right click on Task Scheduler library>Create Task…

If the account has no permission, it won’t be able to create/run a task.

In addition to these, please make sure that you operate the scheduler correctly by following the steps on the link below:

www.metalogix.com/.../operation_scheduler_screen.html

Regards,

Bianca

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The account I'm using is a Domain admin for the Domain, an Admin for the file share in question, and admin on the box running MetaLogix. I'm using a O365 Global Admin account for the tenant.

I am mapping correctly using csv files and each user exists and is licensed.

This account can create tasks in the Task scheduler.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Alex

• Hi Alex,

Please perform the following:

• Run Task Scheduler as an administrator.
    • Check if there is enough memory for the jobs that will be running. To manage the memory allocation, please refer to the Quick Takes below.

metalogix.force.com/.../QUICK-TAKES-Managing-memory-allocation-and-scheduling-backups

• Run the scheduled task with highest privileges. To do this, please follow the steps below.
    1. Go to Windows Task Scheduler
    2. Locate your task
    3. Right click on your task and choose 'Properties'
    4. Enable ‘Run whether the user is logged on or not’ and ‘Run with highest priveleges.

• Update Essentials to the latest version. You may click on the link below to download the installer.

www.metalogix.com/.../essentials-office-365

Regards,

Bianca