This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setting up Incremental Jobs in Content Matrix

Q1: How do I go about scheduling an incremental job after running a full copy? I would like to set these up without having to stay and manually run the incremental.

Q2: I am wanting to run an incremental as soon as the Full Copy runs. How do I go about setting this trigger?

BACKGROUND: I noticed that some content moves to the target after a web part displaying that same content moves over leaving the web part/zone empty-- I ran an incremental right after the full copy and the web part displays as intended.

Parents
  • Q1 Answer:

You can create a Full Job and not run it but save it, and then create an Incremental Job with the same source and target and again not run but save it.

You can then in your Jobs log just right click on the job you saved. once a job is saved it should show up in your jobs log.

Then hit Scheduled Task and setup a time for each job.

Note: If the Full copy does not finish before the incremental is

started, you may see issues with them conflicting to each other so I would give it a good amount of time between each job.

Alternatively, you could generate a PowerShell script from both

job and combine them but they would run back to back and I do not see a reason for this as the full job would have brought over everything and the incremental would just bring over the changes and in this time frame there may not be many changes.

Q2 Answer:

​You may do the following:

1. Right-click on each job configuration and select Generate PowerShell Script. Please refer to this link for more information: www.metalogix.com/.../index.html.
    2. Open both script files using Notepad and copy their content to a new .PS1 file.
    3. Schedule the newly created script through Windows Task Scheduler. Please refer to this link for more information: www.metalogix.com/.../index.html.

• Q1 Answer:

You can create a Full Job and not run it but save it, and then create an Incremental Job with the same source and target and again not run but save it.

You can then in your Jobs log just right click on the job you saved. once a job is saved it should show up in your jobs log.

Then hit Scheduled Task and setup a time for each job.

Note: If the Full copy does not finish before the incremental is

started, you may see issues with them conflicting to each other so I would give it a good amount of time between each job.

Alternatively, you could generate a PowerShell script from both

job and combine them but they would run back to back and I do not see a reason for this as the full job would have brought over everything and the incremental would just bring over the changes and in this time frame there may not be many changes.

Q2 Answer:

​You may do the following:

1. Right-click on each job configuration and select Generate PowerShell Script. Please refer to this link for more information: www.metalogix.com/.../index.html.
    2. Open both script files using Notepad and copy their content to a new .PS1 file.
    3. Schedule the newly created script through Windows Task Scheduler. Please refer to this link for more information: www.metalogix.com/.../index.html.

Children
No Data