Unable to Check Backup Media - alert firing when backup media stored on network location

The "Unable to Check Backup Media" alert is firing for a cluster I'm monitoring in Foglight (AlwaysOn Availability Group), that is performing backups on the Primary but writing them directly to a network share. The backup job works perfectly fine and the backups exist at the intended remote destination, which is a file share on another Windows Server.

What configuration is required to enable Foglight to be able to confirm the backup exists and is available and not throw this alert?

Thanks.

• Hi Jason,

Depending on your cartridge version there may be a hotfix HFX-387 available as described in Knowledgebase article 4371990. I recommend reaching out to Support to confirm your versions and if the hotfix would help.

• I had an opportunity to review the log files and the patch I referred to was for 6.3 cartridges so I'm not sure that it would be relevant, I am checking though.

I did notice a connection issue to the share and have updated the same KB article with test that can be used to try the connection from the FglAM. Since the reading from a remote server is done via the Agent Manager, the permissions on the shared folder/drive might have to be updated to allow for the backup location to be accessible to the FglAM process's account. The Support Engineer will follow up with you shortly with more details.