This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any known issues with "DBSS - Log File Utilization" rule?

Hi All,

I would like to know if there are any known issues with OOB DBSS - Log File Utilization rule? The rule is not generating any alarms for me, and when I check the data collected for the metric #DBSS_Log_Files_Utilization_For_Rule#(derived metric), every time its evaluating to 0.

DB_SQL_Server_UI(5.7.5.41)

Regards,

Parents
  • Hello r_v,

We are not aware of any current open defects with the DBSS - Log Files Utilization rule.

I recently wrote a list of generic troubleshooting steps for database alarm issues in KB 114543. Three suggestions from the list that you might try would be to:

1. Set the warning threshold in the alarm very low, like 1%, then check if the alarm fires. This can help narrow the issue down to a metric calculation.
    2. Open the SQL Server agent log and look for any errors for the DBSS_File_Group collection.
    3. Confirm that there are no blackouts active

Alternatively, I would recommend opening a Service Request with Support for assistance with the issue.

John

• Hello r_v,

We are not aware of any current open defects with the DBSS - Log Files Utilization rule.

I recently wrote a list of generic troubleshooting steps for database alarm issues in KB 114543. Three suggestions from the list that you might try would be to:

1. Set the warning threshold in the alarm very low, like 1%, then check if the alarm fires. This can help narrow the issue down to a metric calculation.
    2. Open the SQL Server agent log and look for any errors for the DBSS_File_Group collection.
    3. Confirm that there are no blackouts active

Alternatively, I would recommend opening a Service Request with Support for assistance with the issue.

John

Children
No Data