This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Parse a string in a rule condition

I have the need to take a string that is used as a Display Name for a database instance in Foglight for SQL Server and parse it.  For instance, the Display name might be something like C-Tier1-DatabaseInstance.   I am building a rule where I have the need to split the string in separate variables to build conditional statements.  What is the syntax to do something like this?

Parents
  • Therein lies the problem. I need to be able to either use the variables defined in the condition throughout the rule or be able to put the logic into the Rules Variables. The key to what I am trying to do is to parse the display name to determine the other variables. Am I trying to do too much with a rule?
  • Therein lies the problem. I need to be able to either use the variables defined in the condition throughout the rule or be able to put the logic into the Rules Variables. The key to what I am trying to do is to parse the display name to determine the other variables. Am I trying to do too much with a rule?
Children
No Data