This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New FMS setup for changing the DB type

Hi,

We are planning to change our database type from Oracle to MSSQL.

And we are talking this opportunity to upgrade the FMS version also.

To achieve this we are completely uninstalling old FMS(version 5.6.11) and reinstalling the new FMS(version 5.7.5) in the same server.

I have few question here could anyone please answer this please?

1. We want to import all the customs rules and dashboard to new FMS. What is the best way to do this? Is this possible with different version of the FMS?
  2. After the installation will all the old Agents will connect back to the new FMS?

Can guide me what are all the other steps I need to consider here?

Thanks,

VML

Parents
  • Hi Vivek, I'm completing an 8.4 to 8.5 upgrade. I will attempt to figure out how to post my multi-stage procedure here or somewhere in the next week or so. The Foglight upgrade documents are thorough but I sorted thru them for stuff relevant to me plus other items. I did not change the DB targets as you are considering. I do agree that greenfielding on a new version might be the best way to move forward. It will also give you a chance to fully document the setups. Keeping the former version online will be useful to compare as well. Cheers, Gregory Mobley

• Hi Vivek, I'm completing an 8.4 to 8.5 upgrade. I will attempt to figure out how to post my multi-stage procedure here or somewhere in the next week or so. The Foglight upgrade documents are thorough but I sorted thru them for stuff relevant to me plus other items. I did not change the DB targets as you are considering. I do agree that greenfielding on a new version might be the best way to move forward. It will also give you a chance to fully document the setups. Keeping the former version online will be useful to compare as well. Cheers, Gregory Mobley

Children
No Data