This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Write IO size for datastore using derived metrics

I need help to calculate Total latency for datastores with below formula.

latency/ceil(IO size/32KB))

Is there a way to calculate write IO size for datastore using derived metrics? I see this metric is not available at the moment in vFoglight.

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi Petrisor,

Thanks for the clarification. This seems more complex than what I expected. We receive the latency metrics from vSphere, to my understanding, to solve the false positives, the logic should be: Once high latency has been detected for the datastore, the rule will have to check if the Virtual Machines in that datastore are issuing large block sizes.

Another option, could be a rule that checks for VMs issuing large block sizes and alert that, this should allow you to apply the solution for the OS issuing the large blocks, and prevent the false positives.

Other solutions are:

1) Have PSO to do this for you.

2) Add this functionality to FVE. 

Regarding option 2, I will sync with one of our Product Managers and see if this use case could be valuable for other customers, if so I will provide a enhancement request number.

Question, did you reach VMware to see if they could handle the issue on their end?

Gaston.

• Hi Petrisor,

Thanks for the clarification. This seems more complex than what I expected. We receive the latency metrics from vSphere, to my understanding, to solve the false positives, the logic should be: Once high latency has been detected for the datastore, the rule will have to check if the Virtual Machines in that datastore are issuing large block sizes.

Another option, could be a rule that checks for VMs issuing large block sizes and alert that, this should allow you to apply the solution for the OS issuing the large blocks, and prevent the false positives.

Other solutions are:

1) Have PSO to do this for you.

2) Add this functionality to FVE. 

Regarding option 2, I will sync with one of our Product Managers and see if this use case could be valuable for other customers, if so I will provide a enhancement request number.

Question, did you reach VMware to see if they could handle the issue on their end?

Gaston.

Children
No Data