Understand the true significance of "perpetual."

I have been using Apex SQL Diff for almost 20 years, but it looks like I won't make it to November to mark this achievement. Why? Simply because I had to reinstall my notebook and the latest license I got, back in 2017, can't be activated anymore. I wrote to support, but the only response I received was from someone in sales offering me their latest TOAD for SQL Server. I'm sure the software is great, but 95% of its features won't be useful to me.

When I purchased my latest license, the email stated, "ApexSQL licenses are perpetual. The expiration date represents the end of the support and upgrades contract, after which the product will continue to fully function." Fine for me, but that is simply not true: the product won't fully function because the activation process can't be completed.

Parents
  • Hello  we apologize for the inconveniences that the license schema changes to the ApexSQL products caused you. We would like to help you here but you will need to create a new case with Quest Licensing so your account manager can perform a license swap. Once this is done you should be able to continue using the product with the latest version without having issues with the license. 

Again, we are sorry that you are going through this situation, but please rest assure that we will do everything in our hands to help you. 

• Hello  we apologize for the inconveniences that the license schema changes to the ApexSQL products caused you. We would like to help you here but you will need to create a new case with Quest Licensing so your account manager can perform a license swap. Once this is done you should be able to continue using the product with the latest version without having issues with the license. 

Again, we are sorry that you are going through this situation, but please rest assure that we will do everything in our hands to help you. 

Children
No Data